Welcome to Suryoday!
Suryoday Trust is the first non-profit in Nallasopara that is dedicated to the cause of providing education to children with intellectual disabilities with a view to making them functionally independent adults who are well-integrated into society. Founded in 2010 by members with decades of corporate experience, it currently works with 40 children, borrowing its working style from the founders’ rigorous corporate work ethic, discipline and network.
Children with intellectual disabilities grow up to become socially integrated and functionally independent adults.
To develop the overall personality of children with intellectual disabilities through adequate education, life skill development and parent counselling.
We believe that people with disability, irrespective of their age, gender, cultural or linguistic background, religious belief, geographic location, sexual orientation, or the nature, origin or degree of their disability:
- Have a right to education like all normal children.
- Possess many skills and abilities, and have enormous potential for life- long growth and development.
- Have a right to life and to bodily integrity. Have a right to live a respectable and dignified life.
- Are entitled to live in and be a part of, the diversity of the community.
- Are entitled to social support and adjustment as a right, and not as the result of pity, charity or the exercise of social control.
Our School Programs
Suryoday school’s activities are conducted by 5 teachers and are supervised by Ms. Sneha Bhavsar, an experienced Special Educator.
- Academics along with exposure visits to cover theoretical as well as practical aspects.
- Extra-curricular activities such as picnics, music, dance, etc. in order to increase social skills.
- Pre-vocational skills such as making craft items and selling them.
- Therapies such as Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Behavioural Therapy.
- Parent counselling.
“I Mrs Sumita Joydev Ghosh mother of Sonali J Ghosh studying in Suryoday school from the academic year 2012 would like to thank you and your entire team for working with my child and building her strengths and enhancing her development…”
“The various activities carried out by school are really helpful. These activities help children to boost their confidence, give courage to face the life and overcome their vulnerabilities. All credit goes to teachers at Suryoday School who are evenly…”
“We are the parents of Miss. Janvi Kunder. It gives us immense pleasure to speak few words about our daughter’s school. Janvi joined Suryoday School in year 2011. Initially we were little worried about her and not sure how she would adjust…”